SMP/MTs. Tahun Pelajaran 2008/2009. BAHASA INGGRIS. Paket 2 ... Tersedia
waktu 120 menit untuk mengerjakan paket tes tersebut. 3. Jumlah soal ...
PREDIKSI UJIAN NASIONAL SMP/MTs Tahun Pelajaran 2008/2009
BAHASA INGGRIS Paket 2
MATA PELAJARAN BAHASA INGGRIS
Hari/Tanggal : Jam :
PETUNJUK UMUM 1. Isikan identitas Anda ke dalam Lembar Jawaban Komputer (LJK) yang tersedia dengan menggunakan pensil 2B, sesuai petunjuk di Lembar Jawaban Komputer (LJK). 2. Tersedia waktu 120 menit untuk mengerjakan paket tes tersebut. 3. Jumlah soal sebanyak 50 butir, pada setiap butir soal terdapat 4 (empat) pilihan jawaban. 4. Periksa dan bacalah soal-soal sebelum Anda menjawabnya. 5. Laporkan kepada pengawas ujian apabila terdapat lembar soal yang kurang jelas, rusak, atau tidak lengkap. 6. Mintalah kertas buram kepada pengawas ujian, bila diperlukan. 7. Tidak diizinkan menggunakan kalkulator, HP, tabel matematika atau alat bantu hitung lainnya. 8. Periksalah pekerjaan Anda sebelum diserahkan kepada pengawas ujian. 9. Lembar soal tidak boleh dicoret-coret, difotokopi, atau digandakan.
WATCH YOUR STEP The notice means that people have to.... a. step more slowly b. walk carefully c. watch intensively d. walk very slowly 2. ”Watch your step” The underlined word has similar meaning to .... a. see b. be careful c. look d. attention
REST ROOM We may find such notice in these place, exept .... a. in bus station b. in public place c. in public bus d. in supermarket 4.
Announcement Tuesday May 23 us Graduatuin day.To ... it,each class must present a couple of boy and girl. They have to sing a lil song and dance.Also there who is the best of the shows will get ... at 09.00 a.m in the school hall. For more informatin please confirn your class teacher. a. celebrated b. celebration c. celebrate d. celebrity
5. a. Prize b. money c. trophy d. flower 6. your – come – to – will – all – party – well – if – goes – I 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 The best word order is.... a. 10 – 4- 2 – 3- 6- 8 – 5 – 9 – 7 – 1 b. 10 – 2 – 3 – 6 – 7 – 8 – 5 - 1 – 9 – 4 c. 10 – 4 – 2 – 3 – 1- 6 – 8 – 5 – 9 – 7 d. 10 -2 – 3 – 1 – 6 – 8 – 5 – 9 – 7 – 4 Ttext for number 7 – 8 Pro.Andrew Congrats ! You deserve it. You really the winner. We’re proud of you. Jane and friends
7. What is the purpose of the text ? a. to invete someone b. to congratulate someone c. to give information d. to find information
8. We’re proud of you. What does the word we refers to ? a. Andrew b. Andrew’s headmaster c. Andrew’s teacher d. Jane and friends Text for number 9 to 11 Requared English Teacher for International School · S1 from reputable Universities · Maoring in English , Min GPA : 3,00 · Able to speak and write English · Having high teaching competence Send your application letter to : Excellent International School Jl.Papandayan 234 Semarang No later than April 2 nd 2009 9. The text above is a kind of .... a. advertisement b. application c. job vacancy d. announcement 10. The following statements are correct, except ... a. the advertisement is about job vacancy b. people who graduate from reputable universities can apply the job c. send the application letter before April 2 nd d. there is no difficult requarement to be an English teacher 11. Able to speak and write English The underlined word can be replaced with ... a. Should b. Must c. May d. Can 12. Choose the best arrangement of the following word to make a correct sentence ! 1 a. b. c. d.
3–2–4–1–6–7 –9–5–8 3–2–4–1–7–6–9–5–8 3–2–1–7–6 –4–5–9–8 3–2–9–8–7–6–5–4–1
Text for number 13 - 14 Dear Stella, How are doing? Guys, we had a very good party at the end of the year at our school. There was a big cake and large bread. There was a big chocholate cream and there was ice.there was music at the party. We all had to baloon. Our English teacher was at our party. Tell me yours. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Love Poppy 13. What is the purpose of the text? a. To retell event b. To show happiness c. To persuade the reader d. To entertain the reader 14. What food and drink were available at Poppy’s school party? a. Cake,chocolate cream, bread, balloon, ice b. Bread, banaana spilt, coffee, cream c. Balloon, bread, cream, tea d. Chocolate cream,cake, bread ice Text for no. 15-17 Dear Afgan, I just got a call from Rena. She told me your mother passed away a week ago. I’m sorry to hear such a sad news. Please accept my condolences. I know it must be hard for you and your family, but time heals all wounds. Take care of yourself, will you? And if you and your family need me for anything. Just call me, okay? Your friends Faizal 15. The writer’s purpose of writing this letter is to.... a. Invite to his party b. Express happiness c. Express gratitude d. Show symphaty 16. What did Faizal do after he knew Afgan’s mother had passed away a week ago? a. He wrote Afgan to express his condolences b. He came to Afgan’s house c. He told that he was happy to hear the news d. He called Rena to accompany him 17. “He told me your mother passed away a week ago. The underlined phrase means..... a. injured b. left c. died
d. live 18. Arrange these sentences to make a good paragraph! 1. Yoga can collect six to seven thousand rupiahs from selling news paper. 2. He goes to an SMP in the morning and in the afternoon he sells news paper around our neighbourhood. 3. Yoga save s some of his money in a saving box. 4. Yoga’s house is not very far from my house. 5. He spends it on books and other things. a. 4 – 2 – 3 – 5 – 1 b. 4 – 2 – 1 – 5 – 3 c. 1 – 3 – 5 – 2 – 4 d. 1 – 3 – 5 – 4 – 2 Agains insect bite No smell and not sticky Shake well before use
NO – BITE Directions : place 3 drops on expose skin :arms,hands,legs,feet,face.Avoid contact with eyes and lips. Repeat as needed Caution : Keep out of children’s reach.for external use only.if swallowed,call a doctor Netr weight : 400 ml. Expiry date :2/04
19. What do you use No- bite for ? a. to expose our skin eyes, and lips b. to protect our skin from insects bite c. to avoid contact with eyes and lips d. to keep out of children reach 20. What should we do before you use No-Bite ? a. place drops on skin b. repeat as needed c. shake it well d. call a doctor 21. The following statements are true according the text, except ... a. The medicine has good smell and not stick b. you must keep the medicine away from children c. you must call a doctor a doctor if it is swallowed d. the medicine is used only for external part of our body Text for number 22-24 Dear Dewi, Please meets me at the library at 03.30 P.m. I’ll be waiting at the main entrece. See you later. Mega
22. The text is about .... a. an advertisement b. an announcement c. an invitation letter d. a short message 23. When will Mega meet Dewi ? in the .... a. morning b. afternoon c. evening d. midnight 24. I’ll be waiting at the main entrance . The underlined word has similar meaning .... a. gate b. fence c. yard d. room Text for number 25 and 26 Please come to a party To celebrate the seventh birthday of Ellissa Merline Caroline Daughter of Mr.George Caroline Saturday, 14 th March 2009 6.00 p.m – 7.00 p.m Skylandia Park, Tahoe City California R.S.V.P to Ronald or Georgina 890 – 670 – 5644
25. What is the purpose of the text ? a. to invite people b. to remind somebody c. to ask for confirmation d. to inform people 26. Which statement is not true according to the text ? a. the party will be held in a park b. Ellisa Merline Carolline was born in 2009 c. the birthday party will be held in the evening d. the inviters are Ronald and Georgina. 27. When was Caroline born ? a. 2007 b. 2008 c. 2009 d. 2010
The text is for number 28– 30 Ms.Tika is my English teacher.She is beautiful young women.She has smooth and short black hair.She is twenty seven years old.She likes reading newspaper in the morning and watching Tv in the afternoon.She teaches us English very clearly.All students love her.She makes us understand that English is very important for us.
28. The text above tells us about .... a. Ms. Tika’s teacher b. Ms. Tika’s hobbies c. the writer’s English teacher d. the writer’s hobby 29. When does she watch the TV? a. a.in the morning b. in the afternoon c. in the evening d. at night. 30. She teaches us English very clearly. Us here refers to.... a. the writer b. the reader c. the writer and the student d. the reader and the student Read the text to answer questions number 31-33 John and Mary’s house There is John and Mary’s house. It is the most beautiful house in their surroundings. The house has many rooms inside. The sitting room, the dining room, the bedroom and the kithcen The diningroom is for meals. It is near the kithcen. In front of the diningroom is the sitting room where they have a rest after a meal. The bedrooms are behind the sitting room. One of them is for John, one is for Mary and the other one is for their parents. In front of the house is a small garden where they grow many flowers. At the side of the house is a garage where John and Mary's father keeps his car every night. ` 31. How many kinds of rooms in John and Mary's house? a. 1 b. 2 c.3 d.4 32. Mary is fond of the flowers. What is the synonim of the word "fond"? a. hate b. dislihe c. embarrase d. love 33. Where is the garage? it is.... a. at the side of the house c. at the side of te kithcen b. near the house d. near the kithcen
Text for number 34 - 36 MUNG BEAN PORRIDGE Ingredients: - One cup of MUNG BEAN - 4 tablespoonful of sugar - 1 teaspoonful of salt - 5 cups of water Steps: 1. wash the MUNG BEAN 2. Boil the water 3. Put the MUNG BEAN into the boiling water 4. Let the mung bean become tender 5. Add the salt and the sugar 6. Simmer for 30 minutes 7. Now you can serve it
34. What is the text about ? a. serving mung bean porridge b. describing mung bean porridge c. making mung bean porridge a. d.explaining mung bean porridge 35. What should we do after we let the mung bean become tender ? a. simmer for 30 minutes b. add five cups of water c. add the salt and the sugar d. put the mung bean into the boiling water 36. '"let the mung bean becomes tender (step four). The underlined word means ........ a. easy to cut or chew b. good taste and smell c. very hard to chop d. very done The text is for number 37-39 Shark are the most fear some predetory fish of the seas. there are 375 species of sharks. They live mostly in warm seas. Their torpedo-shaped bodies make them very fast swimmers shark have skeleton made of rubbery cartilage. Most other kind of fish have bony skeleton. the world biggest fish in the whole shark. It can grow well to over 12 meters long. Unlike other shark,the whale shark and the Bosking shark mostly eat plankton and are completely harmless. Shark main weapon are its teeth. They are powerfull enough to bit through still plate. The killing machine of the shark world is the great white shark. This shark is responsible for most well attack on human.
Up to 20 people are from recorded shark attack each year. So, becareful when you swim in the sea. 37 Why are the whale shark harnless ? because they .... a. are thebiggest fish in the world b. are very fast swimmer c. eat planton d. live in warm seas 38. What is the main idea of paragraph two ? a. the description of shark b. the live of shark c. the weapon of shark d. the threat of shark 39. The writer wrote the text to ... a. tell people to be careful when swimming in the sea b. inform people abaout shark c. persuade people not to hunt shark d. ask people to stay away from warm sea The text is for number 40 – 43 Last holiday Bill and I went to the zoo around one o'clock. We saw many kinds of animals and had a few adventure. While we were walking by the elephant it began to squit water at us, so we ran behind the rock and dried ourselves.Latter,while we were passing the giraffe it streched its head toward Bill and tried to eat his ice cream cone. Bill didn't let it have the ice cream because he was standing right in the front of the sign that said "DO NOT FEED THE ANIMAL". He pointed at the signand said to the giraffe, "can't you read ?
40. What does the text tell about ? a. our activity b. our adventure c. our experience d. our experiment 41. It stretched its head. The word it refers to ... a. the ice cream b. a rock c. the elephant d. the giraffe 42. Which statement is not true basaed on the text above ? a. Bill and I went to the zoo in the afternoon b. Bill and I saw many kind of animals in the zoo c. The girrafe wanted to have Bill's ice cream d. The giraffe squid water at the Bill and I
Text for no 43-44 There was a flood disaster at Ahmad Yani Airport in late February. It made us had to cancel our March tripeventhough we already had our pastport, visa, airplane ticket and hotel reservation.
43. " It made us had to cancel our March trip. What .