C.V.. Name. : MOHAMMED MUSTAFA SHAREEF. D.o.B ... Published in 1999 by
Mustafa Educational Network, Hyd. ... Moinuddin Azami published from. Hyd.
C.V. Name D.o.B Qualification Specialization
: : : :
MOHAMMED MUSTAFA SHAREEF 19 – 12 – 1957 M.A , M. Phil , Ph. D Classical & Indo – Arabic Literature
1. Professor & Chairman Board of Studies in Arabic Dept. of Arabic, Osmania University. 2. Director, Dairatul Maarifil Osmania Osmania University, Hyd Post held
: 1. Head Dept. of Arabic Osmania University ( 2005 – 2007 & 2010 – 2012 ) 2. Deputy co-ordinater DRS – I ( 2007 – 2010 ) 3. Co-ordinater DRS – I ( 2010 – 2012 )
U. G 10 years
P.G 22 Years
Guided 8 *
*Details of Ph. Ds awarded : S. No Name of the Scholar
Title of the Thesis
Year of award
1. 2. 3. 4.
MR. ABDUL MOIZ MR. AZIZ SHAHZAD MR. MOHD. MATEENUDDIN QUADRI MRS. AMTUL MUBEEN FARHANA
SOME ASPECTS OF LITERARY AND SCIENTIFIC UNIQNESS OF THE QUR’AN CRITICAL EDITION OF AZHAR ALTANZEEL (PART-I) BY ABU HAMZA AL AIDEENI AZHAARUTH – TANZEEL BY MOHAMMED BIN HAMZA AL-AIDINI A STUDY OF THE PROVERBS AND MAXIMS IN THE HOLY QUR’AN
2002 2008 2011 2011
MS. HUMERA AFROZ
MR. MOHD. IMADUDDIN
MR. MOHD. ZULFIQAR AHMED
8. MR. PICHCHAI MOHIDEEN HAMTHOON
SHAIKH ABDUL FATTAH ABU GUDDAH – A CRITICAL STUDY OF HIS WORKS CONTRIBUTION OF ARABIC DEPARTMENT, OSMANIA UNIVERSITY, IN DEVELOPMENT OF ARABIC LANGUAGE WITH CONCENTRATION ON THE DOCTORAL THISES “EDITING OF FAIZ AL SAMDANI FI SHAR IL KEDANI BY MOHAMMED BIN MOHAMMED QAZI ZADA ROLE OF ABUL HASAN ALI AL-NADVI IN PROMOTION OF ARABIC LITERATURE WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO RABITA AL-ADAB ALISLAMI
Publications : Books :
1) An Easy way to the understanding of the Quran, Published by Southern Indian Education Trust, India in 1993 and was reviewed by Khalij Times, UAE in 1995. 2) The frequently used words of the Holy Quran and their roots published by author in 1993 from Madras. 3) “Al – Risala al – saniyya Li Maarifa al Mazahib al Nabaviyya ” by Allama Khaleel. b.yousuf Al – Bidhavani – A eritical edition, Published by the Editor in 1994 from Madras. 4) Auraaq Adabia , published in 2005 by Darul Quran , Hyd. 5) Role of Hadith Literature in Strengthening Indo – Arab Relations , published by the Dept. of Arabic O.U , in 2008. 6) Arabic Language and Literature in India : Reality and Prospects , Published by the Dept. of Arabic O.U, in 2009. 7) Role of Translation in the Promotion of Indo- Arab Relations in the Modern Period , published by the Dept. of Arabic O.U , in 2010. 8) Indo – Iraqi Literature, published by the Dept. of Arabic O.U, in 2011. 9) Development of Tafseer Literature in India , published by the Dept. of Arabic O.U, in 2012. 1) Selected scientific Quranic verses ( from English to Arabic ) Translated Published in 1999 by Mustafa Educational Network, Hyd. works : 2) Selected Sermons of the Prophet (Arabic to English) published in 2004 by Mustafa Educational Network, Hyd. 3) Luminous Glimpses of the Prophet’s Life, English translation of Sirah Book entitled “Qabasat Min Noor-al-Nubuwwa” by Abul Fattah Abu Ghuddah of Syria published in 2008 by Mr. Mohd. Yonus , Newjercy, Books published 1) Kitab-Al- Asl by Imam Mohaammed, Revised Edition of vol. under the II in 2011. Supervision & 2) Kitab-al- Muhabbar by Mohammed .b. Habeeb , Revised Directorship from Edition in 2011 Dairatul Maarifil 3) Kitab-Al-Asl by Imam Mohammed, First Edition vol. VI, in Osmania Hyd. : 2012.
4) Garib-Al- Hadith by Ibn-Al- Sallam, Revised Edition of vol. I in 2012. 5) Garib-Al- Hadith by Ibn-Al- Sallam, Revised Edition of vol. II in 2012. 6) Descriptive catalogue of the publications of Daira in 2012. Uzbek Book published with a Foreward :
Books Reviewed / written foreward (Selected only)
Text Books published :
2. 3. 4.
Seven Naqshbandi Sufis ( got translated from Uzbek to English & published with a foreword in 2011.
1) Mazameen- Yousuf by Dr. Rehath Mahmooda . The book was published from Hyd. In 1999, 2) Kitab-al -Nahu by Prof. Moinuddin Azami published from Hyd. In 2005. 3) Makateeb by Moulana Syed Sha Hussain Shaheedullah Basheer published in 1999 by Idaraa- e- Quran Fahmi. 4) Arabi Muhawaraat by Moulana Usaidul Haq Quadri, published by Tajul Fahool Academy, U.P in 2011. 5) Muqaddasat-e- Zirakh Sharfi , published by Sharfi Brothers from Hyd. in 2012. 6) Durar –al- Quran by Mrs. Zubaida Begum, published by the Compiler in 2012. 1) Chairmen & Course writer of the Text Book Committee for Two Arabic books published by Govt. of AP for APOSS in 2011 for Intermediate students . 2) Member Editorial Board for two Arabic Text Books, published by Board of Intermediate in 2008.
1) Published more than 50 research papers in Arabic , English & Urdu journals. Details are given for selected papers published. Title of the paper Published by Year of publication Hayat Wa Amal Syed ThaKafatul Hind 1995 Mohammed Hussaini Gesudraz Delhi Abqariyatu Moulana Azad Al Sahwa Al Islamia 1996 Bilgrami Fi Al- Shire Al- Arabi Hyd. Al Ittejahat al- watania fi shire Al Tanweer 1999 Azad Hyd. Maarif – al- Awarif Special No. on Gaisudraz 2004 Bandanawaz ki Ek Shakar Gesudraz Research Tasneef Academy, Gulbargah. Karnataka
Papers published :
S. No 1.
Duktoor Hameedullah Fi Zauee Huwiyyatihi wa Awwaliyatihi Najeeb Mahfooz Kamujiddid-alRivaya
Hisham Ali Hafiz wa Shairuhual- Madeehiyyu Need & Important of Computer Application in Religious Institution Yusuf –Al- Subai as a Novelist
Al – Tanveer O.U, Hyd. Najeeb Mahfooz fi Meezan –al- Naqd (Proceedings of National Seminar) CIEFL, Hyd Al-Noman, Hyd.
Anwar –e- Nizamia ,Hyd.
Proceedings of Seminar, Dept. of Arabic University of Aligarh .Aligarh , U.P Muhaddis –al – Deccan Al- Araif Durar- al- Thameena Billah Abul Hasanath wa Chennai. T.N Kitabuhu Zujaja – al – Masabih Al- Attar Wa Ataatuhu –alAl – Adwa , Hyd. Adabia Al Qiyam al- Insania Fi Shire Al – Adwa , Hyd. Shouqi with special reference to Omer Al Mukhtar Dauru Bait al- Hikmah Fi Proceedings of the Seminar, Izdehari al- thakhafathi alDept. of Arabic O.U, Hyd. aalamia
Seminars organized as a Director : (National)
Seminars organized as a Director : (International)
1) Dr. Hameedullah Life & work on Jan. 05/06/2005. 2) Role of Hadith Literature in Strengthening Indo – Arab Relations, in 2008. 3) Arabic Language and Literature in India: Reality and Prospects, in 2009. 4) Role of Translation in the Promotion of Indo- Arab Relations in the Modern Period, in 2010. 5) Development of Tafseer Literature in India, in 2012. 1) Indo- Yeman Literature & Culture, in Dec. 2005. 2) Indo – Iraqi Literature, in 2011.
Seminars attended & presented papers : International: S.No
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.
Name of the Seminar
Maghrib Literature Modern Arabic Literature in Kuwait Indo- Yemen : Literature & Culture Arabic Language & Literature in Iran Modern Arabic Literature in Oman Modern Arabic Literature in Sudan Hadith Literature of Modern period Cultural Literary & Linguistic Mutuality between Yemen & India Arabic Panchtatra Quranic Solution for the Contemporary Social Issus
Name of the Sponsoring Agency U.G.C U.G.C
CIEFL , Hyd. CIEFL, Hyd.
Nov.2000 Oct. 2001 Dec.2005
Osmania University, Hyd. CIEFL , Hyd.
EFL. Univ. Hyd.
Univ. of Madras Channel . CIEFL, Hyd.
10/02/10 11/02/10 26/02/10 27/02/10
Barkatullah Univ. Bhopal. Saifabad PG College for Science , O.U
National ( Selected ) : S.No
Name of the Seminar
Comparative Phonetics of foreign & Indian Languages & Production of Teaching material Suprasegmental Features : Implication for Foreign Language Teaching Arabic Translation of Indian Works Relevance of Arabic in Modern Period Focus on IndoArab Relations
Name of the Sponsoring Agency U.G.C
University of Delhi Osmania University
Concept of Love in the Teachings of Gaisudraz
Modern Arabic Literature in Saudi Arabia Noble Laureate Najeeb U.G.C Mahfooz & his Contemporaries in Arabic Fiction Dr. Mohammed Hameedullah U.G.C Life & Works The Holy Quran – its massage U.G.C for peace , Justice & Universal brotherhood Teaching of Arabic in India : U.G.C problems &Prospects Contribution of Women to U.G.C Arabic Language & Literature Humanism & Secularism in U.G.C Modern Arabic Poetry & its Impact on Contemporary Arab Society Naat Seminar Salarjung Museum in Collaboration Idara al Ansar Development of Arabic U.G.C Fiction Moulana Rumi's Teaching S.J.M U.G.C Yusuf –Al- Subai as a novelist
Role of Hadith Literature in the reformation of Contemporary Society Unpublished Arabic work of Khaja Bandanawaz Dauru Bait al- Hikmah Fi Izdehari al- thakhafathi alaalamia
10. 11. 12.
Gaisudraz Research Acadimy U.G.C
AKM , PG College , Hyd U.G.C
Govt. of A.P U.G.C
Osmania University University of Mumbai
Jamia Millia Islamia , Delhi O.U. College for Women , Hyd. Univ. of Madras Chennai
Sep. 2005 7/ Jan. 2006 30/31 Jan. 2006
Aligarh Muslim University S.J.M Aligarh Muslim University AKM, PG College Hyd. Saifabad PG & Science College , O.U A.P Archives , Hyd. Osmania University
Mar 2007 2007 Mar.2008 July.2009
2010 2011 28/29 May.2011
Delivered lectures as a
1) University of Madras Chennai.
Resource Person in :
2) EFL. University, Hyd. 3) MANU. University, Hyd. 4) University of Calcutta. 5) Oriental Manuscript Library, Govt. of A.P, O.U. Campus.
1) University College for Women, Koti .Hyd.
delivered in National
2) Saifabad PG Science College , O.U, Hyd.
3) A.K.M. PG College & Research Center , Hyd.
4) Ansar College , Calicut .
5) Oriental Manuscript Library , Govt. of A.P, O.U. Campus.
Membership in B.o.S
1) University of Madras, Chennai.
in Arabic :
2) Trivallur University. 3) Govt. City College , Hyd. 4) Anwar Ulom Degree College, Hyd. 5) St. Joseph Degree College , Hyd. 6) Oriental Studies , O.U. Hyd.
Extension lectures delivered at : (Selected)
1) University of Madras, Chennai. 2) Govt. Hussaini Alam Degree College , Hyd. 3) Anwar Ulom Degree College , Hyd. 4) Avanti P.G College , Hyd. 5) Al – Qarmushi Institute of Business Management, Hyd. 6) Markaz Kerala. 7) Osmania College, Kurnool. 8) Anjuman College, Bijapure. 9) Jamal Mohammed College, Tiruchi. 10) Oriental Manuscript Library, Govt. of A.P. 11) St. Pious College , Hyd.
Other Important Academic Engagements :
1) Severed as a Chairman U.G.C. Committee for extending autonomous status to Thassim Bivi Abdul Qauder , College for women , Kilakari, T.N . The college was visited on 05-08-2011.
Attended Confidential Work :
Presentation of T.V program :
2) Appointed Visiting Professor by University of Calcutta to deliver lectures in the Dept. of Arabic from 21/02/2011 to 25/02/2011. 3) Nominated Member Course Committee for UG and PG courses of Distance Education in Arabic in MANU. University . 1) Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission, Bhopal 2) Moulana Abul Kalam Azad National Urdu University, Hyd. 3) University of Madras Chennai. 4) Alia University Kolkata. 5) Director Higher Education, Govt. of A.P. 6) Representative of Minorities in the Selection Committee, Osmania University. 7) Kashmir Public Service Commission, Srinagar. 1) Associated with E-T.V(Urdu) since 2002 & presenting recorded and Live Programs every week, also presented more than 40 episodes on Sufism from ZEE SALAM. ****************