Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief Film Sheet. Directions: Fill
out and take notes while watching the film in class. 1. Keep a list of major ...
Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief Film Sheet Directions: Fill out and take notes while watching the film in class.
1. Keep a list of major characters who appear in this film: 2. What is the foreshadowing of Percy sitting at the bottom of the pool for 7 minutes? 3. Define demigod: ___________________________________ 4. Explain the irony in Mr. Brunner's speech while in the NYC Metropolitan Museum:
5. Define minotaur: 6. Define satyr: 7. Define centaur: 8. Where is Percy's mother Sally taken? _________________ 9. What was Mr. Brunner's myth name? __________________ 10. Where do the Nymphs invite Percy before Annabeth (Athena's daughter) walks up? 11. What are the three gifts Luke (Hermes' son) gives Percy for his quest?
12. What happens if you look at Medusa's eyes?
13. What does Percy use to see Medusa's reflection? 14. What did he actually use in the myth? 15. What happens when one head of the Hydra is cut off?
16. The “lotus flowers” at the casino are a reference to what epic?
17. When is the only time Percy's dyslexia disappears and he can read text correctly?
18. What dirty trick does Luke play on Percy? ________________________________________ 19. Describe River Styx over which the ferryman carries Percy, Annabeth and Grover. What did they have to pay to cross? (write answer in arrow)
20. Who else do we meet in the Underworld? Describe her.
21. Once Percy, Annabeth and Grover return to Camp Half-Blood, is it fair to say that Percy is a “hero”? Why or why not?
22. List FIVE major differences between the movie and the myth: