Ujian Nasional SMP 9. Mata Pelajaran: Bahasa Inggris. Alokasi Waktu: 120 menit
. Jumlah Soal: 50 butir. Choose the correct answer. The following notice is for ...
Ujian Nasional SMP 9 Mata Pelajaran: Bahasa Inggris Alokasi Waktu: 120 menit Jumlah Soal: 50 butir Choose the correct answer. The following notice is for question number 1.
1. What does the notice mean? a. Do not throw rubbish in the toilet b. Do not destroy anything in the toilet c. Do not take any waste in the toilet d. Do not try to clean the toilet Read the text and answer questions number 2 and 3. You’re invited Occasion: Kim’s birthday Date: March 13 Time: 6:30 p.m. Place: 44 Devoe Road Directions: Take the Bus no. 5. Get off at the corner of Devoe Road. Our house is at the second house on the right. Please arrive on time. This is a surprise party. Regrets only: Marie Salinger 238-1722 or email to [email protected]
2. When will the party be held? a. At 44 Devoe Road b. At 6:30 a.m. c. On March 13 d. At the second house 3. ‘Regrets only: Marie Salinger 238-1722 or email to [email protected]
’ The words above tell us that we should ... a. give information if we cannot come b. give information if we can come c. ask information how to come to the place d. contact Marie Salinger before coming Read the postcard and answer questions 4 to 6.
Dear Mellyani, On my last school holiday, my classmates and I went to Borobudur. The Borobudur temple is really magnificent. The hugeness of the temple really impressed me. How could our ancestors build such a big temple? It was amazing. Mellyani In the temple, we went upstairs step by step. Walking around Jl. Timun Puan 45 the temple, we saw many reliefs on the temple walls. Some Jakarta foreigners seemed interested in them. I overhead their conversation with the guide. Actually the reliefs tell a story. It was really a nice experience! I hope you can go there someday. Love, Renny 4. Whom did Renny go to Borobudur with? a. Her tour guide b. Her classmates c. Renny’s friends d. Some foreigners 5. Renny admired the temple because of its ... a. visitors b. reliefs c. stones d. size 6. Which of the following statements is not true about Renny? a. She is a student b. Mellyani is one of her friend c. She lives at Jalan Timun Puan 45 d. She really enjoyed visiting the Borobudur temple Questions 7 to 9 are based on the following text. One day while a mousedeer was walking in the forest, he saw a big, black snake sleeping under the tree. When he saw the snake, the mousedeer was frightened. When he wanted to run away from the snake, he suddenly fell on top of a tiger which was sleeping not far from the snake. The tiger woke up and took of the mousedeer. He told the mousedeer that he was going to eat him for lunch. “Please don’t eat me now,” said the mousedeer. “I have something important to do.” “Look,” said the mousedeer. “That is the king’s belt. He asked me to stay here and watch it while he was away in the forest.” The tiger looked at the snake and said, “That is a beautiful belt. I need a belt like that. Can I wear it?” He asked the mousedeer. “Oh all right,” said the mousedeer. So he picked up the snake and winded it around the tiger. Then the snake woke up and saw the tiger. The snake twisted itself tighter until the tiger couldn’t
breathe. The tiger asked the mousedeer to help him. But the mousedeer turned and ran away into the forest. 7. Where was the tiger sleeping? a. In the middle of the forest. b. Next to the mousedeer’s house. c. Next the black snake sleeping under the tree. d. Far away from the place where the mousedeer fell. 8. Why did the mousedeer trick the tiger by saying that the snake was a king’s belt? a. The mousedeer liked to trick other animals. b. The mousedeer was a clever animal. c. The tiger wanted to eat him. d. The tiger wanted to wear it. 9. After reading this story, we can learn that … a. We have to behave like the mousedeer. b. We have to find a way to save ourselves from danger. c. Sleeping black snake was a dangerous animal. d. We have to be careful with the mousedeers. For questions 10 and 11, choose the most suitable words to complete the text. It’s Sunday. Benny and Anita, his sister, don’t go to school. So they plan to clean the bedroom. They also clean the living room. They ... (10) the bed, sweep and mop the floor, dust the furniture and others. ... (11) looks so clean and tidy. 10. a. make b. do c. dust d. blow 11. a. a lot of things b. no one c. everything d. nothing Questions 12 to 14 are based on the following text. How to make a Boat or a Hat Things you need: A half page of newspaper What to do: First, fold the paper in half the long way, crease and unfold. Second, fold the sides up to the middle crease, keep folded. Next, fold the corners down to the middle.
After that, fold the corners down to the middle again. Then, fold the points down to the middle. Finally, open the middle and turn it inside out to make a boat, or flip it over and wear it as a hat. 12. How many times do we have to fold the paper? a. 6 b. 5 c. 4 d. 3 13. How many steps should we follow to make a good paper boat or hat as mentioned in the text? a. 7 b. 6 c. 5 d. 4 14. “Finally, open the middle and turn it inside out to make a boat or flip it over and wear it as a hat.” The underlined word could be best replaced with the word ... a. design b. create c. perform d. have Questions 15 to 17 are based on the following text. The largest meat-eating animal in the world is the brown bear that lives in Alaska. ”Brownie”, as this bear is called, will always keep away from people. But, be careful if it is wounded with a gun or the mother bear and her cubs are shocked. Some hunters claim the brown bear can outfight a tiger. A grown brownie may be up to nine feet tall. It may weigh over 1.600 pounds. But home when the brown bear is born, it weighs less than one pound. If you grew at the same rate, you would weigh almost 10.000 pounds when you were grown. 15. What does the text mostly tell about? a. brown bears b. strong hunters c. fighting tigers d. Alaska people 16. Which statement is not true according to the text? a. a brown bear eats meat b. brown bears can beat a tiger c. brownie will keep away when it sees people d. brown bears are tame animals
17. “But if it is wounded with a gun or if the mother bear and her cubs are shocked ...” (line 3) What does the underlines word mean? a. Male bears b. Baby bears c. Group of bears d. Other bears For questions18 and 19, choose the best word that has the same meaning with the underlined word in the text. Solo, located on the banks of the River Bengawan Solo, has many things to offer. It has the unique Kraton Surakarta or the Kasunanan Palace. It is also the gateway to the most well-known Borobudur temple. At last, Solo is rich of some excellent batiks and handcrafted jewellery. 18. a. discovered b. found c. stayed d. situated 19. a. famous b. old c. big d. unique Read the following text and answer questions 20 to 22.
KOMATSU Construction Machineries * Bulldozer * Wheel Loader * Dump Truck * Hydraulic Excavator Material/Handling Equipment * Forklift * Genset Used Heavy Equipment
PT UNITED TRACTORS Tbk BOMAG NISSAN DIESEL Construction Logging Machineries * Logging Truck * Single Drum * Logging Pole Trailer Vibratory * Dump Truck Roller Mining Constructions * Tandem Vibratory * Dump Truck Roller * Mixer Truck * Soil Stabilizer * Cargo Truck * Refine Computer * Head Truck
TADANO * Hydraulic Rough Terrain Crane * Hydraulic Truck Crane * Hydraulic Mounted Crane KENWORTH Heavy Duty Trucks Built for * Mining * Logging * Oilfield
PATRIA NlGATA * Forklift Construction * Generating Set Management * Concrete Mixer * Asphalt out Finisher Cabang Bandar Lampung Jl. Zaenal Abidin PagarAlam No 79 Bandar Lampung 35145 TeL (0721) 701451. 702 706. 701806 Fax. (0721) 702809
20. What does the advertisement tell us about? a. Many kinds of trucks b. Farming tools c. Heavy duty equipment and machinery d. Many construction machineries 21. United tractors Tbk. offers us the following things, except, ... a. construction machineries b. factory machineries c. many kind of trucks d. concrete mixer 22. "United Tractors offers us many kind of logging machineries such as trucks and trailers." The word "logging" has closely meaning to ... a. work of cutting down forest trees for timber b. wood processing machine in the factory c. wood or timber product by a factory d. work of processing timber for some products Read the following text and answer questions 23 to 26. The Baduy Community is a unique society. The people live in Banten. It can be reached via a 10 km village road from Cibungur village in Leuwidamar district. It is a steep road. In April and May, The Baduy Community is closed to outsiders. During this time it holds a ceremony called Seba. It is the offering of part of their agricultural products to the Head of the District, Sub Regent and the chief Resident. In Seba ceremony the "puun of Baduy" sends out a group of representatives of Baduy Dalam as well as Baduy Luar to act as the community's spokesmen. When conducting this, the Baduy Dalam members refuse to ride any vehicle.They travelled anywhere on foot. They do this to prove their strength. To enter this very a special Baduy area, one should obtain a written permission from the Rangkasbitung District office. He has to state the purpose of the visit. It may take one whole week to process. 23. What is the main idea of paragraph 2? a. The Baduy community is closed to outsiders in April and May. b. Seba is one of the Baduy Community's ceremonies. c. During the Seba ceremony outsiders are invited. d. The Baduy ceremony has to give their products to other people. 24. What should one do to enter the Baduy area? a. Show their strength. b. Give their products. c. Get a written permission d. Go there on foot
25. Why do the Baduy Dalam members travel on foot to conduct the Seba? a. The road is steep b. There are no vehicles to take c. They want to show their strength d. They do not know how to ride a vehicle 26. "It may take one whole week to process" (paragraph 4) The underlined word in the sentence means ... a. make b. last c. ask d. show Read the following text and answer questions 27 to 30. A long time ago, there lived an old man in Penanggungan Mountain. His name was Kyai Gede Penanggungan. He had supernatural power. Kyai Gede Penanggungan had a beautiful daughter named Dewi Walangangin who hadn’t married yet. Kyai Gede Penanggungan prayed days and nights for her daughter to have a husband. One day, a young handsome man came to his place. The name of the man is Jaka Pandelengan. He wanted to be Kyai Gede Penanggungan’s student. Kyai Gede agreed to have Jaka as his student with one condition that he would marry her daughter. Jaka Pandelengan and Dewi Walangangin soon got married. Kyai Gede Penanggungan taught Jaka many things. After several years, now it was time for the couple to live separately with Kyai Gede Penanggungan. They would move to another village. Kyai Gede gave some seeds of pari or paddy to the couple. He asked the couple to plant the seed. He also warned the couple not to arrogant when they were rich from planting the seed. He wanted the couple to helped poor people. The couple started a new life. They planted the seed. Soon, the seeds grew a lot of rice. Now the couple became very rich. The poor neighbours came to the couple to ask for some pari seed. But the couple refused to help them. Kyai Gede heard the couple’s bad behaviour. Soon he visited the couple. He met them when the couple was working in the field. Kyai Gede talked to the couple. He reminded the couple not to be arrogant. But the couple ignored him. They said nothing to Kyai Gede. Kyai Gede got very angry. Then he said, “You two are like temples. You cannot listen to me.” Right after he said those words, an incredible thing happened. Slowly, Jaka and Dewi turned into temples. Because the temples stood among the pari, people then named them as Pari Temple. (UN 2011/P46) 27. What made Jaka Pandelengan and his wife becoming rich? a. Built a temple b. Planted pari c. Helped poor people d. Had a great power
28. The couple becomes a temple because.... a. Kyai Gede liked them b. They were rich c. Kyai Gede said so d. They were good people 29. “...., an incredible thing happened...” The underlined word means.... a. Untouchable b. Unbelievable c. Common d. Usual 30. What can we learn from the story? a. We have to listen to our parent’s advice b. We should live separately from our parent’s c. We have to prepare a good paddy field d. We should refuse other people’s help Read the advertisement below and answer the questions 31 to 33. Find the correct spelling and pronunciation More than 80.000 words with this ELECTRONIC DICTIONARY Made of strong plastic Comes in two colours: Dark gray and light blue $104.50 31. What is being advertised in the text above? a. a strong plastic b. a complete dictionary c. a correct spelling d. an electronic dictionary 32. From the advertisement above, we know that ... a. the price of the item is Rp.104.500 b. one of the item’s colour is dark blue c. there are more than 80.000 words on the item d. the item comes in many colours 33. “Find the correct spelling and pronunciation.” The underlined word means and ordered set of ... which forms a word. a. alphabet b. sentences c. letters d. paragraphs
34. 1) Samarinda is the capital city of East Kalimantan. 2) People like to relax and enjoy the sunset in the place. 3) It is located at the edge of the ricer Mahakam. 4) But now, the government has changed the area along the river into a city garden and recreational places. 5) People call it as River City. 6) There are so many houses along the bank of the river. The correct arrangement of the sentences above to be coherent paragraph is ... a. 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 6 b. 1 – 3 – 5 – 6 – 4 – 2 c. 1 – 4 – 5 – 6 – 3 – 2 d. 1 – 5 – 6 – 3 – 4 – 2 35. you – not – in – thank - for – area – smoking – this 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 The best arrangement to make a sentence is ... a. 5 – 1 – 2 – 7 – 3 – 8 – 6 – 4 b. 5 – 2 – 1 – 7 – 3 – 8 – 6 – 4 c. 4 – 1 – 5 – 2 – 7 – 3 – 8 – 6 d. 4 – 5 – 1 – 2 – 7 – 8 – 6 – 3 36. Rearrange these sentences into a good paragraph. 1) The animals have been pushed back and their natural habitat has been reduced. 2) The government has located reserves to protect both animals and plant to life. 3) Many natural forests where animals live are being destroyed. 4) One of them is the Bogor Botanical Garden. 5) People have cleared the land to cultivate crops. a. 1 – 5 – 3 – 2 – 4 b. 3 – 5 – 1 – 2 – 4 c. 4 – 3 – 5 – 1 – 2 d. 5 – 1 – 4 – 3 – 2 Read the following text and answer questions 37 to 39. Animal Experimentation Animals are widely used in laboratories. Mice, rabbits, dogs and monkeys are a few examples of animals used by researchers and scientists for scientific and medical purposes. Scientists use the animals to investigate biological processes in humans and animals; to study the causes of diseases; to test drugs, vaccines, and surgical techniques; and to evaluate the safety of chemicals used in pesticides, cosmetics, and other products. Many animals function like humans so that they can be good models to understand the human body. Some animals suffer from the same diseases as humans do. Animals also carry a
number of genes that are identical to human genes. With those similarities, scientists are able to learn much about the human body by studying the animals. 37. What do researchers and scientists do in laboratories? a. Make drugs. b. Do experiment. c. Take care of animals. d. Give medical treatment. 38. Scientists learn about the human body by studying .... a. certain animals b. human body itself c. all kinds of animals d. all living things 39. Based on the text, why do the scientists use animals for their experiments? a. Animals are the most suitable objects. b. Scientists don’t want to use humans. c. It’s easier to use animals than humans. d. Animals have similarities to humans. Read the following text and answer questions 40 to 42. The bell was ringing. It was time for Adi's class to have Physics in the laboratory. They enjoyed studying Physics in the laboratory. They had chances to use the apparatus like flashes, pipettes, test tubes, etc and to make simple experiments. Adi was in the same group as Rita. They also wore white uniform called a lab coat like the 'others. They prepared the apparatus very carefully since they were; made of glass. The teacher was distributing the worksheet when suddenly she heard a little scream. It was from Adi. He was not so careful that the test tube knocked on the table, broke a little and cut his finger. The teacher took care of him soon. 40. Who is preparing the instruments for the experiment? a. Girls b. Boys c. The teacher d. Every student 41. What happened to Adi's finger? a. It was cut by the glass apparatus b. It broke an apparatus c. It was cut by a knife d. It knocked the apparatus 42. What does the second paragraph tell about? a. How to operate the apparatus
b. The instruments for the experiment c. The activities in the laboratory d. The Physics class in the second period For number 43 to 44, complete the text with suitable words. How to Make Mini Pancake You will need: 1 cup flour 2 tablespoons sugar 1 cup sour milk 1 egg Instructions: Mix all together in a bowl. … (43) oil on the frying pan. Place 1 tablespoonful of mixture at a time in the frying pan until it bubbles form then turn. When brown on both sides, take and put it on a … (44). 43.a. cool b. heat c. turn d. put 44. a. plate b. glass c. pan d. bowl Read the following text and answer questions 45 to 47. Masjid Sultan Suriansyah is a historical mosque. Built 300 years ago, this building is the oldest mosque in South Kalimantan. The mosque is located in the North Kuin Village of Banjarmasin. It was built in the region of Sultan Suriansyah known as Pangeran Samudra. He was the first Banjarnese King who converted into Islam. This mosque was founded on the bank of the Kuin River, near Kampung Kraton, which was destroyed by the colonial Dutch. The construction of Masjid Sultan Suriansyah was unique. The roof is layered. It took the Banjar’s past architecture before Islam came. Different from any other old mosque in Banjar, the mihrab has its own roof, separated from the main building. 45. Masjid Sultan Suriansyah was constructed in the era of ... a. Banjar people b. Colonial Dutch c. Kalimantan King d. Sultan Suriansyah
46. What is mainly discussed in the text? a. A king reign b. A palace complex c. An Islamic location d. A historical mosque 47. From the text we know that ... a. some constructions of the mosque takes local style b. the Banjar people burned down the mosque c. there is nothing special from this mosque d. the Dutch Colonial built the mosque 48. Mr. Nasir: Why does your brother study at the vocational school? Erwin: He ... to get a job after finishing his school. a. dislikes b. hates c. enjoys d. wants 49. Johan: Have you heard about the robbery at ACI bank? Umar: No. Were there any victims? Johan: No. They only took all the money. But they would shoot ... who cried. a. no one b. someone c. none d. everyone 50. Sofyan: I got five for English. Herman: Oh really? What’s the matter with you? You are usually good at English, aren’t you? Sofyan: Yes, but I had a serious headache last night, ... I couldn’t study well. a. but b. and c. or d. so